Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bison/pork burgers topped with boursin cheese - NO BUN but LOTS OF FLAVOR

NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
mixed 50% ground bison with 50% ground pork (on sale at whole foods) and made some burgers last night.  I added 3 cloves garlic, salt, pepper, dizzy pig rasing the steaks, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese to the mix.  I then grilled them raised direct at 400F-450F until internal temp near 160F.  While they were cooling, I topped with big spoonful of boursin cheese and covered with tin foil to rest.  5 minutes later the boursin cheese had softened.  Went bun-less and ate with avocado slices and some jalapeno ketchup. Next time I think I will use blue cheese instead of Feta, but tasty and very interesting flavors.  Also, carb free for the most part!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments