Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Seasoning CGW grids

NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 77
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum

I've used canola oil for the first coat to season the grids and was wondering what others use for the continued mainenance on their grids. I was thinking Pam for Grilling would be fast and easy to use hereafter.

Comments

• smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 186

I use canola oil. I have had mine so long I don't oil every time now and its pretty well seasoned and non stick.

I wouldn't use spray oil. I just don't like the residue it leaves on pans after time. Maybe its the water in those sprays.  Just my opinion.

• tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 227
    I seasoned it once. Then fired it up. Then let it cool. Then cooked a bunch of 80/20 burgers on it and haven't touched it since.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas