Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

First Cook With New Base

Tonight was my first cook on the new base with a new gasket. Followed by an hour or so of 800F clean burn...

Haven't had my egg over 450 for months. Dealer provided great service...

Did some chicken, a NY strip, some skirt steaks, and a couple of tuna steaks. Had them with a nice salad.

image.jpg 748.8K
image.jpg 869.5K
image.jpg 970.8K
image.jpg 1010.5K
image.jpg 1.5M

• Awesome cook hap!
    Your gonna enjoy that new base ;)

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,240

Awesome cook hap!
    Your gonna enjoy that new base ;)

Thanks! Nice to be back at 100%... Feel a little safer.
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,179
    Way to break in the new base, Hap!!

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 471
    Always impressive Hap! Pardon the silly question but was the clean burn for the old dome?

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,240

Always impressive Hap! Pardon the silly question but was the clean burn for the old dome?

LOL... No silly questions. It's more for the firebox, but the dome needs it to as well as the plate setter.
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,565
    Clean burn??? Confidence in the new bge gasket? Looks good as usual :)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,439
    Looks great Hap. Glad you are back at 100%
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    How did you get so much warmth in that first picture? It has the same feel as if you shot video at 24fps or it came out of a magazine. Thankfully I'm viewing the pictures during lunch. Any other time, I'd be starving.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • That's a lot of leftovers - you can send 'em to me if you want.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.