Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Lemon Basil Chicken on the Mini BGE

I posted this chicken a week or so ago, but I did it on the Large BGE that time.  This time I did it on the Mini BGE.  :)  It is injected with a mixture of Lemon Juice and Strained Greek Marinade.  Then Fresh Basil is placed under the skin and the outside is seasoned with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper.  Then it is finished with a glaze of Butter.  Pretty good chicken to have on the rotation.  :)

This was served up last night with fresh Green Beans.  Tonight, we used the leftovers for a Paula Deen Chicken and Rice Casserole.  Good stuff!  :)

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    looks great. what temp did you cook at?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,851
    I heated the mini up to about 400 deg f. Once I added the chicken, it dropped to about 325. I opened her up and was able to cook it the rest of the way at 375. All on a few coals. Lovin' the mini! :) It was a 3.5 pound chicken.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,593
    Looks awesome Dyal. I have a ton I mini cooks I need to post...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,478
    Looks good & nice choice on the wine.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,521
    Real nice
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,157
    Awesome cook as usual, @Dyal_SC. Hope that @SpringChicken puts it in the next Mini movie.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings