Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Left over pulled pork - make tacos

Options
Had some left over pulled pork laying around from a weekend cook, so used it to make tacos for the first time.  Really good.  Just used the pork like I would have used beef.  Topped with cheese, salsa, sour cream, and sweet peppers.  

Comments

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    Nothing better than re-purposing left over BBQ.  Mexican and pizza are a couple of my favorite options.
    Edina, MN

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Good use for leftover pp. Try ditching the store bought shells and fry some corn tortillas up. Makes 'em even better IMHO.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Gat a 10.5 lb butt going on this weekend.  Will have a bunch left over and tacos are definitely in the near future!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great!  I have found any kind of Mexican dish is good.  I tried this recipe once and it was outstanding:

I didn't follow it to the letter (used some stuff I had).  Basically I added the juice spices to the pork and just reheated covered on the stove, then browned it in a cast iron skillet with some veggie oil.  The browned/fried pork gives it a nice new dimension.  It smells/tastes sort of like bacon :D

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JwgreDeux
    JwgreDeux Posts: 139
    Options
    I was literally just looking in the fridge that night thinking about what to fix the fam and saw all the fixins in front of me.  Took the easy way out with all store bought shells, toppings, etc....

For sure will get around to some home made shells and salsa at some point.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Good use for leftover pp. Try ditching the store bought shells and fry some corn tortillas up. Makes 'em even better IMHO.
    ... or, make homemade corn tortillas and don't bother frying them.

I've also used leftover pulled pork for tamales.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Pulled pork is amazing on tostadas. It gives the meal a smokey chipotle flavor.
  • CajunEggHead
    Options
                                                   BBQ'd Po-Boy out of pulled Pork                                                                                                                                                                                                             Get you some french bread slice in in half length ways, make you some garlic butter to put on the bread both half's. Then fry it to toast the bread in a hot skillet. Put some warmed over pulled pork with some BBq sauce of your choice on the meat close up the Po-Boy and press it to brown the outside of bread... Then enjoy   *-:)

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    Options
    Griffin said:

+1 Absolutly the best shells are home fried...
    Southern Indiana