Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Chili question

Options
I have always made chili with either ground beef or chicken. I want to make chili with a brisket my question is would it be better if I ground up a brisket with my meat grinder or smoked a brisket and chopped it up to make the chili? I know either way would work but I want to know what others have done. Thanks.

Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    well ill take the middle ground, i like some raw ground and some smoked chunks added
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    well ill take the middle ground, i like some raw ground and some smoked chunks added

So I should just cook half the brisket and grind the other half....lol, that leads to another question, should I smoke the point and grind the flat or the other way around?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options

JRWhitee said:

So I should just cook half the brisket and grind the other half....lol, that leads to another question, should I smoke the point and grind the flat or the other way around?
    i dont think it matters, i just raid the freezer for cooked beef if im making a good chili, cook it long enough til it starts to fall apart, but im no texan, there will be beans too
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it