Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time pizza. Nailed it! With pics.

So I decided to do pizzas with some friends. Bought some dough from a local pizza place and was able to crank out three circular pies. I made a peperonie, an Italian sausage, and my favorite... The pulled pork pizza with blues hog bbq sauce for the base and cheddar cheese. I was really satisfied with how these turned out and will definitely be doing it again. I will make the dough a little thinner next time would be my only critique.
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Very nice pies.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    If you mailed, I would order.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Thanks @Mickey. I was really pleased that it turned out so well. We could work out some type of delivery I am sure. :D
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982

Very nice looking pies. Good job.

That your cell phone in the pic? Very middle school girlie of ya. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Ha ha ha @Griffin. That is my wife's phone I promise. :-S
    ·
  • finsterfinster Posts: 133
    To add a little to the pork pies i have topped w light amout of cole slaw after (it comes off) and have also used pickles (after as well ). Adds a nice touch.  Sweet lookin pies.
    MBGE in Charleston

·
  • Nice Looking Pies!!

Let's Did It Low and Slow....

Facebook

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    Uh huh...sure it is. We believe you. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    Awesome looking pizzas.  Nice job! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • MO_EgginMO_Eggin Posts: 133
    Very nice!
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,102
    How did you get your dough so round? It looks like a pro pressed your dough man. Looks good. 

mine look like, "splat"! - LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
    @GATABITES
    I must say I am pretty proud of those round pies. I started with dough balls and started pressing them out based on some YouTube videos and it worked like a champ. Just made sure the dough balls were room temp.
    ·