Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Super Chicken Shit

I might have metioned that the last show Mrs. G worked was in Vegas. Did I mention that? Anyway, she picked up a few bottles of seasoning while she was there. All from a line called Super Shit. They had Chicken Shit, Reel Shit, plain Shit and a whole bunch more. I thought we give Super Chicken Shit a try last night.

Got the Chicken liberally dusted with the Shit

Stabilized the Egg at 400 and tossed in the AR with the grate on the top level (aka as the @Mickey Method), didn't use any wood for smoke as I wanted the flavor of the Shit to shine through.

Really like this picture of the sunlight coming down through the upper vent.

All done after 45 minutes

As much as I really wanted to like this seasoning, I was disappointed. Granted, it was chicken seasoning, not a bbq rub, but I was underwhelmed. It just seemed weak and flat. Not a whole lot of flavor going on, it just seemed to get lost. Maybe it would have been better on something cooked in the box on the oven, not that the chicken was really smoky, or maybe it should be used in conjunction with some kind of sauce, but by itself, I found that it was lacking. Ended up busting out a bottle of Stubbs BBQ sauce as I refused to eat bland chicken. And now I have two more bottles of the stuff...yay!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

Comments