Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Wooohooo back to the egg

SmokingInMOSmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited 7:19AM in EggHead Forum
<p />The sons surgery went tons better then expected so I am now at home with a wonderful egg getting resday to T-Rex some steaks in celebration with a son that no longer has a heart defect. Life is good, the beer is cold, the egg is hot and this ten year nightmare is over. Chances of having to replace the heart valve are at almost zero now compared to the expected this surgury will just get him by until it has to be done. Poor kid can't walk though due to the shots they had to give him in his legs before surgury but hey that should be gone in a day or two. Lets all celebrate, eat some good food and get sloppy drunk.

• SmokingInMO,
    Awwww...That is wonderful!!! So glad to hear all is well! It's so good to hear something positive for a change! [p]Terri

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    SmokingInMO,[p]VERY happy for you!!! Will toast in your son's honor tonight.[p]mShark
  • SmokingInMO,
    I'm extremely happy for you. Living in MO. I know how hard it is to get things done. My wife and Matt Blunt have an on going feud. I refuse to call him Govenor. Sorry to be a pest. You have name with that brave little boy?[p]Mike

• SmokingInMO,
    Congratulatons on the good news. The steaks make me hungry.

• SmokingInMO,
    That's great news. Nothing is worse than a sick child and I am tickled that he has his whole life before him![p]Uncle Phil

• SmokingInMO,
    So glad to hear you are back egging and your son is safely home.[p]Barbara

• SmokingInMO,
    Thanks for the good news, see there is a GOD.
    360 guy--gary

• SmokingInMO,
    What wonderful news! Give that young man a hug from all of us! Jo

• vwgal,
    I agree...go girl!

• SmokingInMO,
    Bless you guys![p]Mike

• SmokingInMO, When my son came out of surgery and we heard him snoring, real LOUD, we all started laughing and crying at the same time. Feels good doesn't it.

• SmokingInMO, I forgot to say that I will raise a beer with you.

• Lawn Ranger,[p]:o) !!!!!![p]yea team!
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Man that is great news. Glad to hear it.[p]Dennis

• SmokingInMO,[p]Great news! I am feeling a little under the weather, so i won't drink to your family, but i will drink some tea or coffee:) I am so glas to hear that things went well.[p]Tell you what! I'll fire up the Egg on Thursday in his honor.[p]phillip
  • Car Wash Mike,[p]Yep, his name is Gage (named after a character in a Louis LaMour book)
  • GretlGretl Posts: 670
    Good news indeed...and we all need good news these days! I'll toast Gage's success and speedy recuperation tonight. Hmmm. Irish Whiskey or Kentucky Bourbon? Decisions, decisions.
    Best of luck to you all.

• SmokingInMO,[p]Very glad to hear it! Life *is* good (most of the time). What a relief for you guys![p]Gwen
  • ccrider,[p]Cheers and thank you