Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - National Root Beer Float Day!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm..  Best I ever had was at an A&W Root Beer stand out west (AZ? NM?).

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    We had a free standing A&W restaurant in McDonough for a few years. I loved the frozen mugs and root beer on tap...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,076
    I used to hit up an A&W on my way to Deep Creek Lake every year for a float and curly fries.

I have some vanilla at home, so a stop for root beer is in order.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,135

There are not too many things I am not a fan of.

1) Coconut

2) Sun-dried tomatoes

3) Root Beer

4) Scotch

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    Chubbs said:

There are not too many things I am not a fan of.

1) Coconut

2) Sun-dried tomatoes

3) Root Beer

4) Scotch

No scotch? I am sad for you. I'll drink 2 for you tonight.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
    I'll have to throw a shot of Root into my Tito's tonight.
    image.jpg 70.2K

Wow!  What a memory.......................the first A & W stand I ever saw.

I was in Missoula, MT the summer of '55, working for my dad (at the age of 15).  It was a week of hot weather and that icy cold root beer went down real well all week long!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,576
    A&W Root Beer was first made in my hometown of Lodi Ca. & the A&W drive in there was the hot hang out for the kids & their hot rods.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

Salutations!

• berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 825
    Try the float with chocolate ice cream. Yummy to the tummy!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,892
    Just spent an hour in the coke cola expo here in Atlanta tonight at a Toyota party. They had coke from all over the world for you to try ( and lots of overstocked bars for the coke). And I thought why no coke float. Then got back to the room and read this.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• GQuizGQuiz Posts: 687
    My first job was an A&W in Kent, Ohio. Didn't sound cool then, but my job was " fountain boy". Still got the mugs more than 30 years later.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,363
    A&W root beer float. a Teen burger and onion rings and your best girl, now SWMBO, gals on rollers doing the serving to the '64 Acadian ragtop - does not get much better. Kingston Ontario, our favorite hangout. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • The Ize Box in Alamo Heights TX made the best root beer ever. The only thing better than their hamburger and a root beer was a hamburger and a root beer float.
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • GQuiz said:
    My first job was an A&W in Kent, Ohio. Didn't sound cool then, but my job was " fountain boy". Still got the mugs more than 30 years later.

Loved that drive in. Tuesday coney day!