Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yes. Yes I will take a mini egg!

BigGreenBamaGrillerBigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 496
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
So I got a mini egg today for taking on tailgating trips (Roll Tide!). So all you mini eggers, how long can I grill with one load of lump at the 450ish range?
Birmingham, AL
XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
·

Comments

• Wow, that was a low blow...

When was the last time the big orange beat Bama???
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I thought it was funny! :))
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Well, either way, does anyone know if I will be able to run 3-4 hours at burger grillin' temps?
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,406
    You should be fine for 3-4 hours no problem.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 398
    Bring extra lump in case not

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • Bring extra lump in case not
    Yeah, that's what I'm curious if I will need to do or not. Guess I'll have to experiment in the back yard first.
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • Wow, that was a low blow...

Why was it a low blow?  It was very factual.   I warned the Aggies on this board months ago.  Welcome to the SEC West, where you now have a target on your back and the man holding the gun is the REC.  The allegations from today of Manziel's indiscrections will reveal a bammer in the woodpile...er lump pile in this case.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    I did a "low and slow" on the mini at 300 for about 6 hours and still had some left over...so figure at 450 maybe 3 hours?
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,225
    edited August 2013
    Wow, that was a low blow...

Why was it a low blow?  It was very factual.   I warned the Aggies on this board months ago.  Welcome to the SEC West, where you now have a target on your back and the man holding the gun is the REC.  The allegations from today of Manziel's indiscrections will reveal a bammer in the woodpile...er lump pile in this case.
    Speaking of Foosball, this is pretty funny.
    ·