Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rump roast

pkaboo1
pkaboo1 Posts: 115

I have a small rump roast, I don't have a clue.

Any help out there?

Snellville,Ga.

Comments

• Motoboss
    Motoboss Posts: 19
    pkaboo1 said:

I have a small rump roast, I don't have a clue.

Any help out there?

Me and you both! I'll be looking in as I have just gotten a roast and don't quite know which way to go. We could cook indriect in a dutch oven with pototes, carrots and onions but that's the same as doing it in the oven. Hummmm, looking for something,,,,,different.

Is this thing on? I see smoke.........
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    indirect 350 till internal of 120, pull and yank platesetter, sear on all sides, let sit for 30 minutes, should hit 135 internal, put in fridge to cool, then thin slice for sammies.
    Pentwater, MI
  • I did a roast once.  Rubbed it, indirect at 350 until internal of 125-130.  Keep in mind a hunk of meat like that will carry over 10-15 degrees after removal from the pit.  Light apple smoke, I sliced like pit beef or roast beef.  It was good.  You can also cook it low and slow and eventually it will pull.

Cheers!

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    I would do it just like the piece of pork I posted about just below.  A real simple cook, like @Iceman5705 says.  Just bring it to about 15 degrees below the temp you like, then wrap and rest a bit.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Once had a small roast and decided to do it like a big steak - Sear it both sides, turn the egg down to 350 and let it come to temperature ... Been doing that ever since with great results.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)