Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fat Tire in Florida

thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,352
Finally. It took too long.
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    Still waiting in Jersey.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    edited August 2013
    Being from Colorado and going to school in Fort Collins I am glad for their success. However, national distribution kills the cool factor of local craft brews. What's better than going on vacation and trying the local beers wines, to me nothing and that's all lost when you can pick up a 6er anytime you want.
  • thetrim

U_tarded said:
    Being from Colorado and going to school in Fort Collins I am glad for their success. However, national distribution kills the cool factor of local craft brews. What's better than going on vacation and trying the local beers wines, to me nothing and that's all lost when you can pick up a 6er anytime you want.
    I agree and it's hard for to explain to my friends down here how Fat Tire isn't the top dawg in CO and how many better choices you have at the Wynkoop. 

I'm just glad that we got it here and it's one of the best down here.  There's not a lot of good locals in Tampa Bay but here's hoping we can get a few.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SO glad it's finally here!  Been enjoying this beer since first having on my trips out to Vegas.

As for local stuff, try Cigar City Brewing, they might have something you like :)

• I saw Fat Tire here in Michigan too.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Fat Tire - nice beer, had my first in a trendy little spot in Montana a few years ago. 
    In a way, the coolness of craft beer is sometimes doomed by its own success. Local brews become national or regional as they increase volume and hence sales. I agree with @U_tarded the cool factor is gone with I can get it anywhere. There are way to many local craft beers available to give them all a try let alone trying some from other regions. It is a dirty job, but some one has to do it! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

Good beer for sure. This hangs over my kegerator.image

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2013
    I loved fat tire when I would go to Colorado to ski.  I recall a place in Breck that had $1 drafts.  I was excited to see it in GA a couple of years ago.  Like many beers I prefer it on tap but it is not bad in the bottle. 

I like most of the stuff from New Belgium.  The Tripple and Ranger are both good.  I want to try some of the stronger IPAs but haven't seen them yet.  The Folley Pack can be good (they mix up what is in there).  Right now they have the Loft which I don't care for at all. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Coolness of my beer only applies to it's temperature. As long as it's good.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    I liked Fat Tire the first time I tried it, which was about seven years ago in Denver.  I still think it's a pretty good beer but it's no longer for me.  I'm not a huge fan of amber ales, and it has a bit of an aftertaste that I don't care for.  

I do like many of the other brews put out by New Belgium though.  I love the 1554.  We pretty much have them all down here in NC.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Coolness is for those who need coolness. I just need the beer to be good.
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Waiting for Jeungling here in Minnesota!!!
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    @yumdinger Waiting for it here in Nebraska as well!  They don't sell it anywhere near me.  Ironically, the last time I had it was on a navy base in Greece.  I bought 4 cases of it at the ship store, and sold it by the bottle from my room. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    They have some great seasonals. Right now they have one calle Rolle Bolle it's pretty fantastic. And it's a 100% green powered and employee owned. My first comment was a bit whiney because I used I love that company and brewery and its not the same anymore. Some of my fondest college memories are ditching class to go to the brewery and try free beer.
  • Solid beer but there's other amber's that are just as good.  It's hard to really differentiate amber's/red's, so if you find a local microbrew that offers an amber, it'll be just as good, if not better...IMO.
    Large BGE
    Lexington, SC
  • thetrim
    They also have a beer called CLUTCH designed by a really great rock band based out of Baltimore.  Unfortunately, I've never had one of them.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    thetrim said:

They also have a beer called CLUTCH designed by a really great rock band based out of Baltimore.  Unfortunately, I've never had one of them.

Good band. Didn't know about the beer.