Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Eggtoberfest

AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I see that there are 484 registered for Atlanta already, how many usually attend? This will be our first fest, what can we expect? We will be flying in on Friday and should be there in time for the meet and greet. -RP

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    AZRP,
    A lot more than that will be there I'm sure. Seems like it was over 600 people last year and the family has grown since then of course.

• Bobby-Q,[p]It was over 600 last year, and if I recall correctly, we got about 20% of that in the last 14 days. That number's gonna start flying by and look like the national debt counter in a few days...[p]
  • AZRP, generally, the attendance has been doubling every year, or nearly so. You will have a blast ! A lot of late attendees sign up or arrive at the last minute.

• AZRP,[p]This will be my first as well -- I'm driving in, and can get there just about any time I want on Friday. So how does one handle supper on Friday?[p]a) light supper before the Meet & Greet, snack after?
    b) Late supper after?
    c) Get blitzed enough at the M&G to not care?[p]Or does this answer the above --
    a) if there are younger members in the family
    b) if there are no younger members in the family
    c) if you're single & on your own?[p]Tom

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Q-rious Tom, although not intended as a meal, I have never eaten dinner anywhere on Friday night after the get together. If you had lunch somewhere and are not a huge eater, you will get plenty at the meet and greet. However, there are plenty of places around the site to grab a quick bite after the Friday night event. And I would say that your answers match up pretty well - a-a b-b However c-c may not be exactly right. You will meet up with plenty of folks and even single I think you will find yourself nursing a couple of drinks over conversation rather than guzzling.