Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg repaired. "First" cook stuffed tenderloin.

Options
Got the replacement dome from my local dealer the day before I went on vacation, so I was ready to fire it up when I got home. (dealer treated me so well that they even replaced the dome temp gauge even though I would have gladly paid for it) After settling the dome into position, I tightened and retightened every bolt I could find. (at one point I might have tightened a few bolts on the patio furniture, just to be sure)  Upside, is that I now have an even better seal than I had before "Dome Crash 13".
Rubbed the tenderloin, inside and out, with "Back of the Yard" from The Spice House in Chicago, stuffed it with swiss, chopped spinach, diced cherry tomatoes, sliced portobello mushrooms and gorgonzolla crumbles.  Tied it up, 350 on the egg indirect until it reached 144 internal.  Everyone loved it.  Even the kids.  Next time I'll cut the tenderloin thinner so I can add more stuffing, but I'm happy with my first try.  
Anyone have a "stuffing" that they love?

Comments