Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New XL Red Cedar Table

I got my XL Big Green egg a couple of months ago and I must say that my life has changed for the better!  Here are a couple of pics of my table that I built for my egg.  I built it from scratch before I even purchased the egg.  I will admit I made multiple trips to my nearest dealer to take some unique measurements before it was complete.  Originally I wanted to do concrete or granite counter top.  The more I researched the top, the more worried I became about the weight that the table would have to hold.  So I decided to something a bit different with some red cedar decking at a 45 degree angle pattern.  Two months in and it working great!
·

Comments

• Very nice table. Thanks for sharing.
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 340
    nice .like the wood.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,335
    Great looking table, I love the 45* top.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 235
    Nice. The weight of the granit is a definite concern. I got a rather large piece for mine and the table is a bear to move.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314
    bud812 said:
    Great looking table, I love the 45* top.
    +1

Ricky

Spring, TX

·