Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone have a vacuum tumbler?

I found a lightly used vacuum marinade tumber on ebay. I've read a lot of enthusiasm about these devices, but they are definitely not normal kitchen equipment so specific advice and recipes are not easy to come by. 

The unit I got has a drum big enough for 10 lbs of meat, and you can get a 20 lb drum... Seems like the BGE possibilities are tremendous.

If you've got any experience with these gizmos, please post!
·

Comments

• FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 572
    I have the revo model made by Eastman. When it worked it was great. But the unit top was plastic and it broke. I can't find parts as they don't make it anymore.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,316
    edited August 2013

I have owned one for 6 years now and use it about 8/10 times a year.   I would use it more if it weren't packed away in the BBQ trailer most of the year.  Getting flavor into the meat, no matter how little is certainly a good thing.  The good commercial units are expensive.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 182
    LOL I thought for a minute....Yeah I have a foodsaver container!  Then I realized you were talking much larger scale.  :D
    ·
  • horsefleshhorseflesh Posts: 204
    I've used the thing a few times now and will post a mini-review in a new thread. 
    ·