Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone have a vacuum tumbler?

I found a lightly used vacuum marinade tumber on ebay. I've read a lot of enthusiasm about these devices, but they are definitely not normal kitchen equipment so specific advice and recipes are not easy to come by. 

The unit I got has a drum big enough for 10 lbs of meat, and you can get a 20 lb drum... Seems like the BGE possibilities are tremendous.

If you've got any experience with these gizmos, please post!
·

Comments

• FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 589
    I have the revo model made by Eastman. When it worked it was great. But the unit top was plastic and it broke. I can't find parts as they don't make it anymore.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,357
    edited August 2013

I have owned one for 6 years now and use it about 8/10 times a year.   I would use it more if it weren't packed away in the BBQ trailer most of the year.  Getting flavor into the meat, no matter how little is certainly a good thing.  The good commercial units are expensive.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 258
    LOL I thought for a minute....Yeah I have a foodsaver container!  Then I realized you were talking much larger scale.  :D
    ·
  • horsefleshhorseflesh Posts: 204
    I've used the thing a few times now and will post a mini-review in a new thread. 
    ·