Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet Mignon,Taters & Corn on the Cob

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
Picked up a couple of Filets yesterday while at a new butcher. The 2 cost under $15 so why not, figured it would make a decent supper for tonight. Got out on the motorcycle today and run across a farmers market that was open and picked up 3 ears of corn and a bag of potatoes and wala there is supper. 

I wrapped the taters in foil with Olive Oil and Sea Salt and on the raised grid at 350* for about 45 mins then I added the meat and corn

After the Filets hit 120ish I took them off and finished the corn. Then I pulled PSwoo3 from the egg and put the grid on the fire ring and bumped the egg to 600* and threw the Filets back on for about 1 1/2 min each side tile till was 130ish.  I don't have a CI grid so the sear marks weren't incredible but after the first bite I didn't care

My wife who doesn't eat much red meat asked when I was goin to cook this again!! I took that as winning!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments