Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Value of large green egg base

Can y'all help me figure out what a fair price would be for a large green egg base that has a hairline crack across the bottom? No inserts are included. Just the base and the metal on the door. Crack does not seem to go all the way through. Thanks
·

Comments

• Are you buying or selling?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Even if you got a base in perfect condition you can't really build it into an egg cost effectively.  

If someone was local to you
    And they broke a base 
    And had no warranty
    And they only cooked at low temps
    And a broken base did not bother them

then maybe $75 to $100.  
    ·
  • EhgbyfEhgbyf Posts: 4
    I am selling. I was thinking 100. I was going to build a new egg out of it but you are right it is not cost efficient.
    ·
  • Stainless draft door assembly if removed in good shape is worth maybe $20.  Cracked ceramics aren't worth anything in my opinion.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • If you're selling then I agree with @Cowdogs but would say it's only worth about $50.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Ehgbyf said:
    I am selling. I was thinking 100. I was going to build a new egg out of it but you are right it is not cost efficient.
    If it's cracked (hairline or otherwise) it has no value whatsoever,,,,,,,,,that crack will only get worse as it's used creating a possible very dangerous situation.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    I'm sorry... I wouldn't give you $25. It would make a cool planter
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Value is nothing as a BGE base, but yeah would be a cool planter.
    ·
  • EhgbyfEhgbyf Posts: 4
    Free to a good home. Located in Birmingham, al.
    ·