Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Weekend of Cooking

New egger here. Did my first cook this weekend. Salmon turned out excellent.
image.jpg 1.4M
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good. Welcome aboard.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,351
    Welcome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    :-bd Good looking salmon. Welcome to the cult.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Welcome to the lifestyle! Salmon looks great!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Welcome aboard! Next week marks my one year anniversary with my first Egg. I can still remember how great I felt and how great the food turned out. You're in for a wonderful adventure. Enjoy the ride!

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Salmon is my favorite.  Yours looks really tasty.  Welcome to the jungle.  I got my egg last August also, been an awesome journey so far.  Where you from?

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    good looking first cook. did you brine the salmon? i brined mine once and have not looked back since. makes a big difference. 2 quarts water and 4 tbls kosher salt. dissolve the salt and put the salmon (pieces?) in the brine for 15-20 minutes. rinse well and cook as usual.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·