Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This weeks cooks on the Small Egg

Reverse seared picanha (top sirloin cap). Seasoned with a mix of Rub Co Santa Maria & Original rubs. Used some red oak for smoke. Indirect portion of cook at 250 and seared on the CI grid.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Some corn on the cob raised direct, followed by a two frenched racks of lamb raised direct.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I took a hacksaw to a grid extender and removed almost 1" off to get a little more room for the 10" mini grid on top (about 3" of space between grids now). First two tier cook was a simple indirect chicken wing cook with 24 wings at around 300-320 degrees. In hindsight I should have cooked the drumettes on the top grid to benefit from the slightly higher temps on the upper grid and have the wings come off both grids at about the same time.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Yep.  Nicely done.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Looks great and giving me the options of what I can with my new small.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Very thing looks wonderfully delicious. You peak my interest about cutting down the extender...more info on tow high in the dome
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Wow man. Nice cooks. I need to post my last several cooks. Catchup posts like this area favorite.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136

Very thing looks wonderfully delicious. You peak my interest about cutting down the extender...more info on tow high in the dome

Before making the modification, the grid extender put the upper grid so high that there was very little room to fit food between the grid and dome. Some Small users couldn't even close their domes as reported here: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1154077/grid-extender-too-boku-for-the-small

I decided to cut off an amount equal to the size of the spacer that comes with the extender. I sandwiched each half of the extender between some scrap wood (to protect finish on the extender) and clamped into my bench vise. Measured the amount to cut off and got to work with a hacksaw.

Here's a side by side of the stock (left) and modified (right) extenders:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I saved the pipe piece I cut off (left) to use as a spacer (original on right):

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA