Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got the ribs on now how about the corn?

First time cooking ribs ( baby back ) decided to try 3-1-1 indirect at 250 but I also want to do corn on the cob. Got 6 ears soaking in a bucket. Can I cook them at 250 indirect? When should I put them on? Got any tips?

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @ that temp maybe an hour. Foil the ribs when they are through, remove the ps and crank it up to 350... Fwiw... I don't soak mine. Pull the husk back, clean, Evo and rub, tie and go till done. A thousand ways to do it. Good luck and post pictures.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dizzy1
    dizzy1 Posts: 34
    Thanks so much for your help. I've only had my egg for a month. I truly appreciate all the help I find here. I'm having a ball with this cooker. So if I pull the ps and go 350 direct how long will the corn take? I really want to do it all on my egg.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited August 2013
    Corn is any way cook. I do direct at 400 and seen indirect at 250. It all works on corn. Corn at 350 direct (no husk) 10 to 15 min cook. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Mickey, those look great. That's how I like my corn, too: caramelized. I would take the ribs off, turn up the heat, and cook while the ribs "rest" for 10 or 15. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    tried something new to me this past week, mixed some lime and honey into some mayo, coated the corn and sprinkled with rub, cooked about 400 til it just started to char, very good. usually just toss it on the grill hot with ears hair etc intact and cook til i start to smell it, like it that way as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • My ribs cook yesterday included corn on the cob, in the husks placed on the 280 degree egg for the final half hour of the cook.  The corn came out perfectly done, tender and moist.

Dave
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • dizzy1
    Ok so the cook went well the ribs came out moist and tender. The corn went well also. My rub... Well kind of overpowering. Just too hot for us. What does everyone else use? Any suggestions?I think we like something mild sweet.
  • I tried a Mexican version of corn on the cob that i really like. Cook it just until it starts to turn color. Then mix up some butter, tiny bit of mayo, and some sour cream. I rub the corn with lime, coat it with the mixture. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and cayenne, Then finish with a little sprinkle of mexican crumble cheese. Its really good.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited August 2013
    Ribs, correct? I use Bad Byron's Butt Rub. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dizzy1
    I'll have to give that a try. Is that available on the Internet?
  • dizzy1
    Oh yeah forgot to post my pics