Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spray Bottle?

Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
My cheap Ace Hardware spray bottle is on its last leg. Is there a particular brand that has proved trustworthy and that can evenly spray thick concoctions? Would you buy the spray bottle you use again?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,684
    I have a cheapo that I got from Home Depot. Works great for me and still looks new. I say go as cheap as possible on a spray bottle-- then again I don't use them that much
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • LitLit Posts: 4,607
    I use the Steven raichlen one. Was like $10 but has a good stream.
  • I just saw a cheep-o at Lowes but saying it won't spray stick heavy liquid but like Apple juice and other sorts like that it does fine, cheep enough to buy more than one for when it goes on the fritz you will have a back up
     1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,990
    never seen a spray bottle that wouldnt clog with thick concoctions, wouldnt a "bbq mop" work better for that
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    @fishlessman yes, mop would work fine. If I ever want to lightly spritz/spray, I was wondering if there was a bottle out there that could handle it.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,990
    if you could strain the ingrediants before hand they sell an oil sprayer at bedbathbeyond that might work better than the typical plastic bottle sprayer. maybe heat up the liquid to help dissolve things better and strain while its still hot and runny
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    We use a 1gallon bug sprayer during out competitions. Works great.
  • I like a Misto sprayer. I have the $10 model, but I see now that there are others.

Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I bought the spray bottle next to the ironing boards at Walmart. Works great for apple juice and vinegar and such.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 670
    We have these at Dollar Tree for $1.. works great for any liquid. 

LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL