Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

FINALLY!

I have a lot to learn but I have no complaints with my Ribs & Pulled Pork. That being said, Brisket has been my nemesis. I have tried a few flats and 2 packers with little success. Always ends up dry. I decided to give it another try this weekend. My luck started with a trip to Costco and, to my surprise, they had Prime Brisket. I spent 45 minutes trimming it to get the most contact with the rub. image I did a base coat of "Brisket Gold" rub, which has a nice heat to it. I let that set in and followed it with "Teddy Bear's Basis Rub" for color. image I smoke at 275 with some Peach wood. Once done, I FTCed it for several hours with some beef broth. I had separated the Point and Flat so I could come back an hour before eating and make Burnt Ends. I took the Point, cut it into cubes and combined the juices with some BBQ sauce. I had never done Burnt Ends before. They were like candy. SWMBO absolutely loved them! image The burnt ends would have been a victory but once I sliced the brisket, I knew I had FINALLY gotten one right. So juicy, so tender....simply awesome. image
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!

Comments