Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Saturday Night Salmon

Thanks to some tips on the forum and some other advice, I decided to try some salmon (thanks to boatbum, BRush00, and this post).  The only fish I had done up to this point was tilapia.  So, I got a couple nice farm-raised salmon filets (decided not to spring for the wild).  I got my LBGE up to 400 dome temp, and I used three half bricks to raise my grate to gasket-level.  On the salmon, I rubbed some EVOO and equal parts Old Bay and brown sugar.  5 minutes on top, and they were ready to flip.  5 minutes on skin side, at which point I decided to throw on some asparagus as well (coated in Zesty Italian dressing, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper).  The result ended up very nice.  I will definitely do this again.  I forgot to take pics along the way, but I do have the final result.

Comments