Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Birthday Butts

Having a bunch of family coming over on Saturday for my wife's birthday party. Going to be making a few racks of ribs the day of the party, so I'm knocking the butts out today. I guess I'll freeze the pulled pork tonight and then pull them out of the freezer on Friday night. Is that what y'all would do too? Or would you just refrigerate it until Saturday? Open for suggestions. Here is a teaser pic. Smoking them up with a mix of Pecan and JD Whiskey Oak.
2014 Co-Wing King
image.jpg 2.2M
·

Comments

• brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    I would pull and refrigerate in a food saver style bag, one that you can get some kind of vacuum seal. You can also reheat in the same bag, just dip the bag in warm water until a consistent temperature all the way through.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 509
    Not sure id refridgerate for that long. Thats 6 days in the fridge. I have frozen butts before and it comes out pretty darn tasty though i wouldnt sauce it till Saturday
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,208
    Thx guys! I think I'll food saver the meat and freeze. Then reheat on Saturday. They turned out so, so good. The oak and pecan were a perfect combination. I didn't take anymore grill pix, since my neighbor was talking to me over the fence...that and I was fighting off flies. I abhor flies BTW. Annoying little bastards. But here are a couple of pulled pix:
    image.jpg 2.3M
    image.jpg 2.4M
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·