Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple spatchcocks for next week

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
10 year old Granddaughter having surgery Tues and will spend several days in hospital. Linda and I have to fly to Atlanta Tuesday and back Thursday. So I am cooking a naked ham and a couple of BBQ Sauced Chickens to put in vac bags for meals at their house. I will know Tuesday morning if going with or without Linda. I have found for chicken this mix works. imageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Good luck @Mickey, hope it's routine, smooth, and as much as possible you enjoy the food and time with your family. What proportion do you mix those sauces in? Big fan of Blues Hog now a days.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Mickey
    Good luck @Mickey, hope it's routine, smooth, and as much as possible you enjoy the food and time with your family. What proportion do you mix those sauces in? Big fan of Blues Hog now a days.

Cheers
    B_B
    50/50 for me. But they don't care for the little hot so I cut back 25/75 (SBR'S) for their family.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    @Mickey, best thoughts for you granddaughter, may this be swift and successful!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Mickey
    edited August 2013

• Mickey
    Legs cooked fast and pulled. image

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    edited August 2013
    @Mickey-You are a main-stay for the BGE (and Toyota's I would guess).  That said, you have your priorities right-best of luck with the surgery. As you well know-all surgery is routine til it's performed on you!  Some time about mid-week I will be power eating those candied jala's-and I will thank you for that eggsperience.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I said a prayer for your granddaughter Mickey. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I hope everything goes well with your Granddaughter Mickey, travel safe and call me if you need anything. 

Johns Creek, Georgia