ok guys my wife and i are doing our first pizza today. i have been trying to read some older threads to get some ideas and i wanted to post a synopsis of what I think i have read and see if you guys agree.
1) we are using a thin store bought crust.
2) temperature suggestions range wildly but i think the average suggestion is around 600?
3) i would assume that a thin crust at about 600 degrees would be done in 6-8 minutes correct?
4) i see that many folks worry about melting the gasket at 600 or higher so i am going to do my best to raise my pizza stone as high as i can inside the dome which should help with gasket protection...correct??
5) i appear to see mixed thoughts on when to put the pizza stone inside the egg (when you first light it or right before you cook), i think i am going to put mine in right after i light the egg.
6) we are doing a BBQ chicken style pizza similar in toppings to the funk q bbq chicken pizza from mellow mushroom..i will have cooked my chicken tenders ahead of time and my bacon.....pizza will have bbq sauce, onions, cheese added along with the pre-cooked chicken and bacon.
anybody got any thoughts to what i have said or any other ideas or suggestions????
gettin lucky in kentucky! 2 XL eggs!