Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another newbie doing a butt this weekend!

Like so many others here, trying my first butt tonight.
Put on rub last night, left in fridge overnight.
Put on egg indirect wirh cherry chips (unable to find cherry chunks).
Dome @ about 250.
Will post final pictures tomorrow.
Massive butt on grill.
·

Comments

• CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    That looks huge - hope you loaded it with lump. Don't open then dome again until it hits 190...
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • That looks huge - hope you loaded it with lump. Don't open then dome again until it hits 190...

Loaded with lump to the rim. I will check it in the morning.
    Can't wait! :)
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,470
    Best of luck!! Nothing like the smell of pork goodness first thing in the morning.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 349
    Looking good, enjoy!!!
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • Trini_in_OttawaTrini_in_Ottawa Posts: 231
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for all the guidance in this forum!
    Just under 13 hours labour - uhm on the Egg, @ 198 internal temp, grill temp started to drop, so pulled off grill and ftced.
    Going to wait a few hours then pull.
    ·
    edited August 2013
    Pics.
    On grill - finished product - 8:30 ish.

On foil.
    ·
  • mdoziermdozier Posts: 86
    Magnificent!
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,643
    For your next time, you can find cherry chunks at Capital Appliance and BBQ in Ottawa. Bbqing.com

For your next time, you can find cherry chunks at Capital Appliance and BBQ in Ottawa. Bbqing.com

Thanks Paqman - I will look at going there next time.

Thanks Mdozier - only challenge was the drip pan dried out sometime during the cook - not sure if this makes a difference or not.
    ·
    edited August 2013
    I cannot believe how amazing this taste!
    Where was my Egg in the earlier part of my life?

Lost for words....
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,643
    Do you plan to make a sauce for it?

·