Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Turkey with Stuffing Waffles

I've had my egg for almost a year and we cook on it all the time. I have stolen many ideas from the forum and thought i should try my hand at posting. We saw this waffle idea on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and wanted to try it out. The turkey breast was brined for 48 hours (recipe as per the BGE cookbook) and cooked at 350 indirect until internal temp reached 165. The "waffle" is simple - 2 cups boiling water, one box of Stove Top stuffing and 1 cup of buttermilk pancake mix. On the waffle place mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sliced turkey and gravy and enjoy. The whole meal was great and the turkey was very moist and flavourful. For desert I made what I call banana boats. Split each banana down the middle (be careful not to actually cut it in half or pierce the bottom of the peel, you need to create a "boat"). I loaded with marshmallow, chocolate chips, and coconut and drizzled with maple syrup. Cooked at 350 indirect for about 20 minutes. These things are fantastic and are really good with a bit of rum in them too. It's my first post and I'm doing it from an iPad so hopefully the pictures get attached.
image.jpg 239.8K
image.jpg 217.9K
image.jpg 253.8K
image.jpg 170.1K
image.jpg 189.6K
·

Comments

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    Nice first post.

Do you top the bananas with ice cream after they come off the grill?

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • JeronamoJeronamo Posts: 33
    I didn't do it this time but have done it before.
    ·
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,058
    I wish you could swear on this forum because I would probable say Holly Sh_t did you see these pic's on this post. Sign me up for some of that...
    ·