Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Turkey with Stuffing Waffles

Options
I've had my egg for almost a year and we cook on it all the time. I have stolen many ideas from the forum and thought i should try my hand at posting. We saw this waffle idea on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and wanted to try it out. The turkey breast was brined for 48 hours (recipe as per the BGE cookbook) and cooked at 350 indirect until internal temp reached 165. The "waffle" is simple - 2 cups boiling water, one box of Stove Top stuffing and 1 cup of buttermilk pancake mix. On the waffle place mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sliced turkey and gravy and enjoy. The whole meal was great and the turkey was very moist and flavourful. For desert I made what I call banana boats. Split each banana down the middle (be careful not to actually cut it in half or pierce the bottom of the peel, you need to create a "boat"). I loaded with marshmallow, chocolate chips, and coconut and drizzled with maple syrup. Cooked at 350 indirect for about 20 minutes. These things are fantastic and are really good with a bit of rum in them too. It's my first post and I'm doing it from an iPad so hopefully the pictures get attached.

Comments