Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

burgers

I had lunch last week with my boss and clients at Tex's BBQ in Nashville, and the conversation naturally went to BBQ and grilling.  I got to talking about the BGE, one of the clients was planning to get one soon and asked some good questions.  He asked about how was the grill for simple burger cooks, and I was not really able to answer, since I hadn't done burgers before.  (I did mention that I was still a novice on the egg.)

That has changed!  My first simple burgers, elevated direct, about 400 degrees, till internal temp was about 155.   Mesquite chips, and a -very- light brush of a new BBQ sauce after the flip.  Loved the one I ate, the rest are for next week's lunches.
Dave
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR

Comments