Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Before & After clean burn

Options
Anyone got any pictures of a before and after clean burn.

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited August 2013
    Options
    NT

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• lloydey
    lloydey Posts: 11
    Options
    Came up nice, thanks Doc_Eggerton
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    Anyone ever try it without the ring and fire pit? Wonder if it would bring the inside shell to like new condition?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I think the inside will never come clean like the bottom...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Here's a different approach-if the inside of the BGE is not causing some sort of flavor downside then why the clean burn?  Within the next few cooks you are back in the same environment and then repeat the cycle?? Just curious as I don't " clean burn" and have not had any negatives that I am aware of.  FWIW-YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Here's a different approach-if the inside of the BGE is not causing some sort of flavor downside then why the clean burn?  Within the next few cooks you are back in the same environment and then repeat the cycle?? Just curious as I don't " clean burn" and have not had any negatives that I am aware of.  FWIW-YMMV-
    The one I posted pics of was just opportunistic, I like my stones and PS to be clean, and I had some grungy grids, so I threw them in after a cook.  Occasionally the Egg is just so greasy I want to clean it, but there are some cooks (like pulled pork) that leave such a mess I just have burn it off.  No gasket issues, since I haven't had one for almost two years.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Dragonwmatches
    Options
    lousubcap said:

I had a little leftover lump, and after 4 low and slows had a really gooey grid & plate setter, so this let me burn off the goo and use up that little bit of lump.
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'