Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Contamination?

Need some help with the dish I made, not sure if it's safe to eat. Any advice would be appreciated or suggestions, or comments. I marinated a chuck roast with some allegro, Stubbs, and bourbon. The next day, I put the chuck roast on the grill, poured the marinade into a pan underneath it to catch the drippings. Chuck roast and marinade were in the smoker at about 250 for four hours. Then I put the Chuck roast in aluminum foil, poured the marinade in the foil over the chuck roast, and wrapped it up. I kept that combination inside the smoker for about another three hours at about 275 to 300°. So, what do you think? Is it safe to eat? don't know if this is a stupid question but honestly I'm not sure given the contamination possibility. Chuck roast is all kinds of fork tender, and ready-to-eat. Thanks guys.

Comments