Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stone Ground Mustard Fillets

Options
Family in town tonight and we did it right with some huge stone ground mustard/ garlic marinated fillets, twice baked green egg tatters, and shrim with Japanese white sauce! O yeah don't forget the beer and wine

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Nice dinner. What was the Japanese white sauce?
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Options
    Japanese White Sauce:
    1-1/4 cup mayo
    1/4 cup water
    1 teaspoon tomato paste
    1 tablespoon melted butter
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    little cayenne pepper
    Mix it and put it in fridge to set up overnight. It's good on just about anything.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Yummm! Looks outstanding! How do you do your twice baked green egg taters? :)
  • Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Options
    Dyal_SC I use baking potatoes and wrap them in foil with sea salt and a little butter. Onced baked cut them in half and scoop out the center. Then I basically make mashed potatoes. I use heavy whipping cream, sour cream, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and don't forget butter. Once they are mixed to a velvet consistency I put the mix back into the 1/2 potato skins and bake non direct on the egg at about 400 until top of patatos are a little golden. Top with chives and bacon.