Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help again!!!

Options
I have been having a bad week of egg related issues starting with a cinch bolt head breaking off on my hinge band assembly which I fixed pretty easily.
Then after fixing the bolt I noticed a chip in my dome right where the bands are....pissed about that but realized it wasn't affecting anything so I  got over it.

Now too my next freaking problem..... today I was cooking some chicken bombs at 400 deg and realized my dome was very stiff to open at the end of the one hour cook and the the dome had shifted back and was now misaligned with an overbite in  the back???? Obviously this was due to the way I retightened my bands earlier when fixing the broken cinch bolt.....damn I need a beer and some advice on what do do here???

Take it all apart again I guess and realign the the bands and tighten.My question is the band ends where the bolts go thru (square and round flat ends) are no longer straight out but bent at an angle because of the previous tightening,should I just leave it like that or straighten the band ends outwards again??

thanks!!!!
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments