Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will there be an Oklahoma Eggfest? Finally???

Was out at Tony's Tree Plantation today.  They said they are now the number 1 seller of Eggs in the state and that the mothership is indicating that they can host an Eggfest in October.

I'll be checking back with them to see if it's actually going to happen. 
Wish us luck...
OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs

Comments

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

I missed Salado - cause of a trip.   I might consider driving up.  Keep us posted.

Cookin in Texas
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Tony just e-mailed me yesterday and said that it is scheduled for October 19th and that registration starts next week.  You can call one of his assistants at (405) 455-7700 and ask for Danae.
    They are currently going to have it at the pavilion which is a really cool place on the property.
    I'll post a link when the registration begins.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    All the best to the Fest. At one time it was the best of all of them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Logger
    @Mickey

Really?  I only attended the last one at Everything BBQ a few years ago, and I thought it was a lot of fun but, it sounded to me that what Salado put on was superior to most.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited August 2013
    All I can tell you is when Snoopy Dog Dog was doing it, they were the one the rest of us just wanted to be close to. Thank you for the kind words about Salado. We try. One thing you say has me wondering. The Mothership has nothing ( other than posting banner on this website) to do with a Fest. It all comes from the distributor and local store.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Is that the weekend after the OU-Texas Game?

Hmmm, might limit the number of longhorn fans that  would want to go up after getting beat by OU.  

Just saying.....

Cookin in Texas
  • Logger
    edited August 2013
    OHHHH Boatbum... Let's not start another thread.  LOL
    Nothing is guaranteed regarding the Red River Rivalry this year.

I'm just glad that they didn't schedule an Eggfest the weekend before.

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    That will be a great backdrop for a eggfest! All of the grounds there are really nice. i will try and post some pictures when i get home tonight. I bought my small egg from there, they didnt know much about them back then. But it's been almost a year so things could have changed.

I will definitely be going, cooking up some crazy stuff and will do anything I can to help out of town eggheads, as well as meet the OKC area eggheads!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Logger
    I somehow thought you would be cooking at this.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    And, you're right about the backdrop. 

She told me they were expecting around 20 eggs.
    I think I'll reserve judgement on that for now.
  • Where in Oklahoma is this?
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Logger

Here's a link:

http://tonystreeplantation.com/

They should be posting a registration form next week.

• Solson005
    @EggObsessed it is technically in south Oklahoma City. It is across the highway from Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City. 

Here are some pictures of the place:

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Looks like a beautiful venue!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Checked the website... Couldn't find anything.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Logger

@henapple the registration form won't be up until next week.  Hopefully, it wil have all of the info then.

• Any news yet on the Fest in Oklahoma?  It's been almost two weeks since the last post about it.
    Kelley 
  • Solson005
    @EggObsessed yes they now have a page on their website http://tonystreeplantation.com/eggfest/

It should be a great time!
  • Logger
    @Solson005 Good job!
    I talked to Danae this morning about the link and it's suppose to be www.oklahomahonorflights.org

Also, I suggested that she put a few more things on the site that she mentioned such as:
    T-Shirts can be purchased at the Eggfest.
    You can bring your own cooler to the Eggfest as well.
  • Solson005
    I just took a trip down there and registered to cook! It will be a great place to have some awesome food! 

Here are some pictures, there was a group cooking out down there so I only got a couple. 

Looking forward to seeing some of you there! 
  • Solson005
    edited October 2013
    Is anyone here cooking or coming to this tomorrow? It will be my first eggfest to attend and cook at.. It should be a great time =P~
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    I will be there. Bought an XL and it will be used for a demo cook
    XL BGE
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Kind of funny that they don't put the fest banners up on this forum?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Solson005
    I think so too @Little_Steven
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Solson005... You should be cooking.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • @henapple... scroll up a couple of comments. It looks like he is cooking.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @henapple I got permission to come in early and light my egg so I will be cooking and hanging out all day! :D