Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ozark Oak in D/FW

I need to pick up some more lump this week.  And while I've been reasonably satisfied with the last couple bags of Cowboy I've gone through, I want to give OO a try, but don't want to or have the time to order online.  I know I've heard some places carry it in the metroplex, but can't remember where.  Somewhere in Tarrant County would be better as I won't drive to Dallas or Plano for lump.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·

Comments

• chays99chays99 Posts: 32
    I'm not sure about Tarrant County as I'm way out in Rockwall. Seems like I remember a post about a shop in Southlake that carried Ozark. I go through quite a bit and have considered a road trip to secure the elusive $5 bags.
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    I'm not sure about Tarrant County but I do know that Elliot's Hardware in Plano has it.  I got a bag of OO as part of my Egg "starter kit".
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Not sure about Tarrant county either, Jacksons by Love Field has it.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Bbq outfitters in Southlake has it.

·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Fort Worth Butane on Belknap in Haltom City has OO and Foreman's in Hurst on Hwy 26 usually has some.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 683
    Bbq outfitters in Southlake has it.
    That'll work.....quite a bit north of me, but not too bad and I get up that way on occasion anyway.   Thanks for the input everyone.

LBGE

·
    EggRacer said:
    Fort Worth Butane on Belknap in Haltom City has OO and Foreman's in Hurst on Hwy 26 usually has some.

Even better.....'preciate it @EggRacer

LBGE

·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    If you buy 10 bags at Fort Worth Butane you can get bag 11 free. Just tell Warren or Robert you want the 10 bag deal.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,295

Sit tight guys.......as soon as I get Rockwood going in Atlanta, DFW is next on the list.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • PacuarePacuare Posts: 75
    You can get Ozark Oak at Claffey Pools retail location in Southlake too. I am not sure if they carry it at any other locations. They get it from BBQ Outfitters.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Most Ace Hardware's either have it - or can get it in within a few days.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 560
    chays99 said:
    I'm not sure about Tarrant County as I'm way out in Rockwall. Seems like I remember a post about a shop in Southlake that carried Ozark. I go through quite a bit and have considered a road trip to secure the elusive $5 bags.

Where are you getting it in Rockwall?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·

chays99 said:

Pool Stop (in the Target parking lot) sells it for $11.99 a bag.

I haven't seen it at Ace Hardware, but I haven't been down there in a while either.
    ·
    Was able to pick up a few bags at The Grill Shoppe at Fort Worth Butane for $8.95 per 10 lbs.  Seemed pretty reasonable.  I've got a couple of cooks to clear out what I have in my tub, then will start on the OO and give my $.02.  If I like it, I'll definitely do the 10-bag deal next time.

LBGE

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    I'll get my new schedule in a few weeks. I can usually pick up oo on the way to dfw... Where are you located?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • If you live in Arkansas like I do you can get 10lb bag for under $5. Sorry, just had to rub it in. :) But seriously I have been happy with Ozark Oak and I will continue to buy it. There have been shortages in recent months though. I used to be able to buy it for just under 4 bucks. 
    ·
    chays99 said:

chays99 said:

I haven't seen it at Ace Hardware, but I haven't been down there in a while either.

Thanks. Every time I go by PS they are out. I was hoping you had a hidden spot. ;)
    ·
    chays99 said:

chays99 said:

Thanks. Every time I go by PS they are out. I was hoping you had a hidden spot. ;)
    I was in there last weekend and they had really trimmed down their grilling stock.  I asked if they were going to carry OO year round and they said yes.  I've thought about asking for a pallet price but the owner is never there when I stop by.

·
  • HeathBarHeathBar Posts: 21
    chays99 said:
    chays99 said:

chays99 said:

I was in there last weekend and they had really trimmed down their grilling stock.  I asked if they were going to carry OO year round and they said yes.  I've thought about asking for a pallet price but the owner is never there when I stop by.

I'm in Heath - I've gotten OO at Elliot's Hardware in Mesquite.  I can't remember the price but they had a decent stock last time I was there.  
    XL BGE 
    ·
    Tegst
    ·
    Sorry about that last post. I meant to put "test" b/c I tried to make a post and got some silly approval notification.
    ·
    I'm in Heath too.  I didn't even know there was an Elliott's in Mesquite.

Que_n_Brew - Do you home brew too?  I'm an all grain brewer in Buffalo Creek that always draws strange looks from the neighbors.
    ·
    chays99 said:
    I'm in Heath too.  I didn't even know there was an Elliott's in Mesquite. Same here. That is what I was trying to post until I got "blocked" by the powers at be. I don't brew my own, just like drinking it when I've got the egg rolling. I lived in Frisco for several years before moving to Heath. I had a neighbor that brews beer. He had one called "Fallen Angel". Good lord, you might as well just take a roofee and get it over with.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Ace Hardware in Coppell has it.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 148
    henapple said:
    I'll get my new schedule in a few weeks. I can usually pick up oo on the way to dfw... Where are you located?

If you're game, I would love to grab some when you come this way. Happy to pay in advance. Don't know how strained your capacity is, but I'm flexible. Probably 5-15 bags.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Fountain Head off 75 and Forrest has it but for 11.99 for 10lbs I will stick with the Central Market Brand 11.99 for 20lbs.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Fountain Head off 75 and Forrest has it but for 11.99 for 10lbs I will stick with the Central Market Brand 11.99 for 20lbs.

How does the Central Market brand stack up. I JUST SPENT $13 ON A BAG OF OO AT POOL STOP. And no, there was no lube involved. b-(
    ·
    I actually bought 2 bags at Pool Stop today...my first one & and my last one.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    $13 a bag... You must feel like Jenna Jameson.. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    henapple said:
    $13 a bag... You must feel like Jenna Jameson.. =))

I'm pretty Jenna requested (and got) lube. It was an impulse buy. They haven't had it in so long, and I haven't tried it...so I said WTH. like I said, they better savor the flavor...it won't happen again.
    ·