Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket "sell by" date

I bought a brisket and then had to go out of town unexpectedly.  It says "sell by" July 24th.  I assume it is still OK to smoke?  It has been in the fridge and is sealed.  I plan on smoking it tomorrow.

As always, thank you!

·

Comments

• New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Whole packer brisket in cryovac?  Despite the "Sell by" dates for cryovac there are lots of people that keep them in the fridge for over a month without a problem.  If it was an already trimmed brisket wrapped in butcher paper then I would throw it out.
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,209
    Its only a week overdue. If it is Cryovac'ed your fine.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·
  • busmaniabusmania Posts: 299

yep, cryovaced (sp?).  I figured it was ok but also figured there was no harm in asking!  Thank you!

·