Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pensacola EggFest 11/9/13

Options
Www.pensacolaeggfest.com has all the details. ..@ wahoo's Stadium on beautiful Pensacola Bay! Www.facebook.com/pensacolaeggfest

Comments

• Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Options
    Fantastic... What a Beautiful venue and a wonderful time of year on the Gulf Coast.
    I am working on a few special cooks for this. Thanks Captain Buck for bringing this to Pensacola !

Pensacola,FL
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    edited June 2013
    Options
    A $ 50 cook fee and no meet & greet! It might be helpful if the organizers did a little research to better understand what transpires at an eggfest and what would attract both cooks and tasters. This sounds like a very good cause, but, schedule structure and fee system should be reviewed.......
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    @egret Very good points!! WE looked into this one because our daughter lives there but we are hoping some changes are made especially to attract out of state Eggers like ourselves!!! We have not committed to this one as of yet.
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • buckhall
    buckhall Posts: 20
    Options

Guys,

Thanks for the input...this is our first event, so we certainly appreciate the feedback.  What would your expectations be for the meet & greet?  An informal happy hour?  We have a load in Friday afternoon and we discussed having it then...let me know your thoughts.  We could pull this off pretty easy and doing so at the park...we'll waterfront happy hours are pretty awesome. 

Also, we're working on hotel deals for out of towners...more to come on that.

buck

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    egret said:
    A $ 50 cook fee and no meet & greet! It might be helpful if the iorganizers did a little research to better understand what transpires at an eggfest and what would attract both cooks and tasters. This sounds like a very good cause, but, schedule structure and fee system should be reviewed.......

What the man said.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

Guys,

Thanks for the input...this is our first event, so we certainly appreciate the feedback.  What would your expectations be for the meet & greet?  An informal happy hour?  We have a load in Friday afternoon and we discussed having it then...let me know your thoughts.  We could pull this off pretty easy and doing so at the park...we'll waterfront happy hours are pretty awesome. 

Also, we're working on hotel deals for out of towners...more to come on that.

buck

Have you been to many Fests? You FL guys have as many as we do in Texas (well close) we have a lot in this state. But you have so much talent around you to draw from.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Sorry, but i'll pass on this deal.  Was considering going, but i will put my efforts on a new dealer four hours closer to my house.  The guy is my butcher, no less!!!  So i think the arrangements will be a whole lot better, and well organized.
  • buckhall
    Options
    Update on Meet and Greet, Friday 5-7pm 11/8/13 at the stadium...beautiful waterfront setting and the cold beer is on me! More details to come, including hotel arrangements and discounts. Free cold beer...I like it!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Keep the info coming. I'll probably make the 1.5 hour drive and come.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I've never been to an eggfest of any kind. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    buckhall said:
    Update on Meet and Greet, Friday 5-7pm 11/8/13 at the stadium...beautiful waterfront setting and the cold beer is on me! More details to come, including hotel arrangements and discounts. Free cold beer...I like it!
    Glad you're making the effort to make this a good experience for all attendees. A couple of things I might suggest is, 1) drastically reduce or eliminate the cook's fee, and 2) I think most of us prefer an informal atmosphere at a Meet & Greet with shmoozing in abundance and some eggs to cook on for those who wish to cook something. Also, at the M & G, people bring a covered dish to share and not all of us are beer drinkers and would prefer to bring our own libation if that's allowed. Since the hours are only 5:00-7:00 maybe you weren't planning on any kind of "eats", but, if you are I'd suggest you change the hours to 5:00-8:00.......
  • Big Sky
    Big Sky Posts: 15
    Options
    Demo eggs are starting to move, call to reserve yours now.
    Thanks
    Sky
    https://www.facebook.com/eemoutdoors?fref=ts
    Stocking a full line of eggs, eggsessories,  other outdoor products, as well as electric motors, pumps and powertools
  • buckhall
    Options

All,

I appreciate the feedback.  This EggFest is a little different from some of the others. First, it's a fundraiser for the local Teen Volunteer Center, Chain Reaction. Second, the cook fee of $50 is a donation and I think a good value as it also includes a ticket for the raffle, which is for a Large BGE, Yeti Cooler and $500 worth of meat from the Butcher Shoppe...we may continue to add to the raffle.  We are also debating over including t-shirts or aprons with the cook fee...just waiting to see some samples from our merchandise guy.

The venue is also different than a lot of others...it holds up to 3300 folks on the concourse and overlooks Pensacola Bay...gorgeous views and again, all for Charity. I understand that many eggfest's have some common components...like the M&G. For now, we're going to keep the M&G as is, but if you have a libation that you prefer to free beer, bring it and keep it low key.  I don't expect we'll have any frat boy antics with people bringing their own stuff, but I have to give my disclaimer  as it's our liability insurance:-)

Again, thank you for your feedback...this is a fundraiser and we're gonna have a damn good time doing a good thing.  My numbers is on the site and so is my email...feel free to call me or email me directly.  thanks again!

buck

• buckhall
    Options

My number is on the site...not "numbers is"...fat fingers!  It's from all the bbq.

• buckhall
    Options
    Hey folks, tickets for the Pensacola EggFest are on sale today. Just $25 bucks if purchased in advance and all proceeds go to Chain Reaction...and all the food goes right in your belly! Each ticket not only gets you into the event, but it's also an entry into the raffle package, which includes a Large BGE, nest, 110qt Yeti Cooler, and you'll fill that cooler with a $500 package from the Butcher Shoppe!

We have spots left for EggChef's. If you don't want to haul your own Egg down or don't have one, don't worry. Register early enough and coordinate with Schyler and you can use a demo Egg.

Good food, BBQ and Beer...all for a good cause. How can that be bad. Purchase here! https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/BuyNew.asp?EventID=98742#.UfpT17Uo6M8

www.pensacolaeggfest.com
    www.facebook.com/pensacolaeggfest
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options

"The venue is also different than a lot of others...it holds up to 3300 folks"

Are you going to have a way to control crowds? Will the event area be roped off & manned? I ask because your cooks could get overrun by tasters...just checking...

• Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Options
    vidalia1 said:

"The venue is also different than a lot of others...it holds up to 3300 folks"

Are you going to have a way to control crowds? Will the event area be roped off & manned? I ask because your cooks could get overrun by tasters...just checking...

Crowd Control ? Ball Bats !
    Pensacola,FL
  • Mickey
    Options

I am with egret on the "cost to cooks and rethinking it" deal. But have you thought to put this on the old forum?

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options

Why would one want to cook, when we could taste for $24??? I've cooked at a couple of Eggfests and it's either been free or a small fee. But the one that charged a fee also raffled off a bunch of stuff to the cooks only. They both offered cook bags with goodies in them too. I would guesstimate that we spend about $100+ in food to prepare for an Eggfest. So adding another $100 per pair of cooks seems a little steep.

I also suggest contacting @Egret offline if he's up for it. He organizes a great Eggfest.

Don't get me wrong, I may attend but probably as a taster.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Maybe @Egret can send his kissing booth girls down there.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• buckhall
    Options
    you guys are welcome to cook or come enjoy the event.  Yes, we've thought about crowd control...it's a great venue. A  waterfront AA baseball stadium...it seats about 6k, but we'll be setup on the concourse inside the stadium. We've already got quite a few cooking signed up paid, so don't let the Donation to the Charity slow you down. Feel free to come taste, have a cold beer and enjoy the view of Pensacola Bay.  Our organizers have hosted several large events at the stadium and this one will be a big hit as well. thanks for the feedback.