Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London broil

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone done a london broil on the BGE? What rubs are good? Does it get tender?
Thanks

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    S10_24_9919_40_02.jpg
    <p />RBK, my very first cook on the BGE was a London Broil - did several since - it was great. Check out the link and http://yyyz.net/BGE/Picture07.asp - I prefer a little marinate and mustard - experiment, you'll like the results. Good luck![p]
    [ul][li]London Broil[/ul]
  • BD
    BD Posts: 87
    RBK,[p]If you are familiar with epicurious.com, go there and type in london broil. There are 2 recipes that come up. I've tried them both. I think London Broil is better when marinated, especially overnight if possible. Then, before grilling, a rub or some Montreal steak seasoning added on is good, too.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    RBK,[p]Tenderness of a London broil is entirely dependant on the cook. I prefer the cooking method offered to me by JJ, sear at high temp for two minutes each side and remove from the Egg. Slice across the grain in 1/4' strips and then finish cooking in a cast iron pan. You can see how the meat is cooking and adjust the finish for the meat.[p]Using this method you don't need a rub. Deglaze the pan and create a nice sauce.[p]Spin

• RBK,
    London Broil is great on the BGE. Like already said, I marinade if possible overnight, put your favorive beef rub on and sear 2/2 then dwell 2/2 and cook til 125-130. Cut across bias as thin as you can at an angle. Its great but Tri-Tip is better IMHO.[p]Grillin Bill

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    I usually marinate it overnight in Guinness, garlic, black pepper and any other spices I feel like throwing in (scallions, chopped onions or onion powder, rosemary, etc.) Guinness is an excellent beef marinade.

• WallyQ
    WallyQ Posts: 10
    RBK,[p]London Broil is one of my families favorites (and easy on the wallet). I usually just char-crust'm with the garlic peppercorn mix but last weekend I marinated one in a mixture of pineapple juice, soy sauce, and cheap 'ol burgandy wine for 3 days. It was fantastic! I also marinated a couple large sliced vidalia onions in pineapple juice and soy sauce for around 2 hours, then stir fried them on the egg once the steak came off. Slice the steak thin and topped with the carmelized onion. Outstanding!!! [p]