Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Warranty run around?

Just saw that my fire ring is cracked. Called the dealer and he said the factory doesn't like to mail small pieces for what ever reason. They like to include them with big orders and he just got an order in. So, do I wait on the dealer or call the factory?
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    Call the factory. It's the dealer who doesn't want to serve the customer.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,235
    edited August 2013

The dealer is correct small fragile parts made of ceramic (fire ring) should not be shipped separately as they will incur damage 99% of the time.

Keep cooking on the broken one and wait to get the new in.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    I agree with Smitty, see the other thread about warranty. Use current fire ring and wait for another, it will not effect any cooks that you might do.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,493
    Yeah the fire ring broken isn't an issue. Just wait it out and keep cooking. Pretty sure what your dealer told you is the normal protocol for warranty items.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,783
    if you want it shipped separately you can have it shipped separately, of course you will incur the shipping costs.

personally, I'd wait until they the local dealer has a pallet sent and get it free. they did the same thing to me when my platesetter cracked.
    ·
  • Our small fire ring has a crack too and my dealer said the same thing.  Keep cooking on it and he will call when the new ring arrives.  
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,038
    If he sold it and has several in stock it sure would be good customer service to pull one and give it to you. Mine and Travis's sure did in Salado.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,410
    Use it and wait for it to come in... I do agree with @Micky above

My base is finally in and will be replaced next week, been cracked for at least 6 months...used it the whole time, just kept it under 600

The dealer is bring the new base and installing it for me, checking inspecting my entire egg, and installing a new gasket for about $150. The base itself is free of course
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    youve got several years of cooking on a cracked fire ring
    :))mines been cracked for maybe ten or more, just let the dealer get it in the next order
    ·