Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CUSTOMER SUPPORT?????????????

Options
Hey folks,
Does anybody know the secret to get Customer Support to respond to a warranty issue? I have been trying to get a warranty issue resolved since July 4th regarding broken fire rings. I need e-mail for Green egg exec's or phone numbers for exec's. Any help would be appreciated.
Keep on Grillin.
Bob

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I use the dealer I bought my egg from. I have a cracked fire ring also and my dealer said he would take care of it for me. I just had to email or txt him a picture.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Don't email... Call.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    I texted a picture to my dealer, too. Had a new ring in two weeks. Could not have been any easier? Did you register your Egg when you bought it?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    this is the phone #770.938.9394 im sure you can get all the help you need 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Or try emailing Bruce Bohannon at:

Bruce Bohannon@BGE

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Oooops, got the email address wrong; it is":

bruce.bohannon@biggreenegg.com ; I understand he is a very helpful guy.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Of course, we are all curious to know what's up, lol. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • StoicDude
    StoicDude Posts: 80
    Options
    Emailed BGE about a broken firebox on my Mini on July 8th. Got an autoresponse that said they d get back to me within 48hrs. Didn't hear a word.
  • BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB Posts: 47
    Options
    On that note...I've had my Large BGE for about 2 months.  The lower gasket came loose during a pizza cook.  Is this something that BGE would even replace under a warranty or is it not worth the trouble?  I read somewhere that BGE would replace it with High Heat Nomex but I'm not sure if that is true or not.  I also sent an email request and got the "get back in 48 hours" response but heard nothing.  

Thanks,

BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Try first with your dealer. I went in and they handed me one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @mickey... Your dealer owes you...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Dealers are supposed to handle warranty issues, so unless you know your dealer won't help you, you should try them first.
    The Naked Whiz
  • StoicDude
    StoicDude Posts: 80
    Options
    Sounds good. Thanks guys. I ll talk to my dealer.
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    edited July 2013
    Options
    jaydub58 said:

Oooops, got the email address wrong; it is":

bruce.bohannon@biggreenegg.com ; I understand he is a very helpful guy.

Since my dealer went out of business.  That is who I emailed pictures of my crack fire ring to.  I think it was like 3 days and he replied back how to make a warranty claim.  VERY helpful and easy to work with.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I went to my dealer a week ago with my receipt and a photo of the crack in the base of my large.  I got a call yesterday and was told it was coming in with their shipment this week.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    I emailed Bruce Bohannon this week about a cracked fire pit. I got a reply with in 24 hrs and was told to take pics and bring to the nearest bge dealer for full replacement.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    As to gasket warranty question, gaskets are covered for one year.  Mine went bad within a year but I did not call Atlanta office about it until like month 14 (and my egg was duly registered at purchase).  They accepted what I told them and shipped me free high heat nomex gasket.  Also, screen door on my second egg was torn, so they shipped me one of those at same time (in fact I have two large eggs registered with them and they shipped me two high heat nomex gaskets, even though I had not fried the second one and made no claim for a second one).  So, I obviously got excellent customer service as far as I am concerned.  (I did not try the dealer route because I was not sure if dealers had the high heat gaskets, but I knew from someone's post they had them in Atlanta)
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I would also give logitech a call about trigger caps lock key being stuck.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Hold on, I've got the exec's phone number in my cell phone

XLBGE