Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Christening the Big Green Egg

Well, after a painful week and two days with my BGE hiding in the box it came in I finally finished my EGG table and lit charcoal for the first time ever in my life. I'm a changed man ; )

As you get to know me more and more it'll make perfect sense but I've christened the BGE with it's first cook - an 8" CI Skillet cookie using the family recipe. I'll share the recipe once I perfect it - needs a little adjustment to cook up a nice big cookie though we're sure to devour it in about 3 minutes here and love every bite!

Funny that I found it so important to share "hot off the grill" with this forum......

Comments

• phoenix007phoenix007 Posts: 49
    Welcome!
  • You will be spending more time outside cooking than outside soon! Welcome :)
  • Did you know you left your pop can under the grate? :)) Looks great! Enjoy the cookie and the Egg. Welcome!
    2 Large Eggs and no chickens. How's that work? :)
  • erbloveerblove Posts: 90
    Will be waiting for the recipe...but welcome 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 734
    Welcome aboard.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 3,013
    Welcome to the community.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014
    Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• TillermanTillerman Posts: 38
    Please perfect the recipe soon!!  That cookie looks awesome! 
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,692
    Welcome man. I like the choice of first cooks. Looks great. You will be a forum addict soon enough--- too much wisdom, pics, lessons, humor, etc not to be.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • OVERULDOVERULD Posts: 47
    Welcome fellow newbie!  Gotta get that virgin white egg blackened up...get outside and cook!

BJ
    Men of integrity expect to be believed, but when they aren't, they allow time to prove them right.
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,031
    Don't give it a moment's  thought, @macboy, that egg won't be that clean inside for long!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 160
    Did you know you left your pop can under the grate? :)) Looks great! Enjoy the cookie and the Egg. Welcome!

I think it's actually a can of grasshopper wheat beer And cans are a easy and cheap way to get the grill a little higher in the dome
    HFX NS
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,616

That is definitely a different first cook than the norm around here. Usually its some sort of protein.

Way to step out of the box.

• StreetgliderStreetglider Posts: 104
    Welcome, to this Southern boy, it looked like delicious cornbread. Take that as a compliment, please. Welcome to egging.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories