Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weekend Cooks as well as a stuffed pepper question

Howdy,

Figured I throw down a few of the pics from my weekend egging....

Saturday night had a buddy over for the fights....that morning, I lit the egg about 10:00AM, steadied it at about 240,
threw on some ribs at  11:00AM. I used a rub a buddy from another forum has kicked me down...

at Noon I threw on drumsticks and thighs....used the same rub, but added some lemon pepper

Pulled at about 4:00 PM....

They came out great...and my buddy, who had been talking about picking up a Green Mountain pellet rig,
now wants to consider an egg....we also killed a growler of 90 Minute IIPA and another sixer of New Belgium Rampant IIPA..
we were feeling pretty good by the time the fights came on..

On Sunday, I decided to do some rib eyes, baked spud and some golden beans from our garden..

I tired the reverse sear method and they came out great...

Everything turned out awesome...well, except my pictures...I do need to work on that. I also picked up a small grill
for the bottom of my PSWoo3, so will try a sear closer to the coals next time..

Now for the question...

Neither wife or I eat out whole rib eye, we have about half of each left.  I was thinking of chopping it
up and mixing it with a little bit of cream cheese, chopped green onion and habanero cheddar and stuffing
either Poblano or Anaheim (what ever the store has)..

any suggestions either with additional ingredients or temp/time/cook method?

Battle Ground, WA
Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
·

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,828
    I'd try indirect at 400
    ·
  • Thanks much...that's the ballpark I was thinking.
    Battle Ground, WA
    ·
    let me know how they turn out, s ounds good
    ·
  • they ended up coming out pretty good....used the left over rib eye and then a mix of cream cheese, habanero cheddar, chopped green onion and S&P....used Pasilla peppers

I think next time I might try adding some sort of binder like a little bit of bread crumbs, but taste wise it was killer...

Also got to use the new Eggware cap, which I'm really digging.

Battle Ground, WA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,179
    400 Direct raised. Very good. image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    those look delicious!
    ·