Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon-wrapped filets

Well, "filets."  But still:  tasty meat.  Reverse seared 'em, and served with some chicken-herb pilaf and some pan-roasted tomatoes.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
·

Comments

• Lest you think I haven't made anything in a while, know that we had Beer Olympics this weekend, and we Egged up some beer brats (cheddar and jalapeno; Cajun), New York strips, and wild boar sausages.  However, beer + hot food + lots of people = no pics.  My apologies.

·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 340
    Looks good!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks like a Chef's Request filet? If so, I did some last week. Expected tenderloin from the 'Filet' description, but they actually were sirloin filets. Still a good tasting piece of meat and at a great price. Will do them again.
  • These steaks were tenderloin (from the local butcher), but the bacon is holding the meat together in the shape of a filet, so it serves a structural purpose it wouldn't have to with a true filet.

Bacon-wrapped sirloin filets sound pretty darn good, though - and much easier on the wallet.

·