Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Salad?

Options
Anyone have a great recipe to make chicken salad from some spatchcocked chicken?  My wife loves chicken salad but I've never made it...Thanks.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I separate the dark meat and white meat. Put dark meat in food processor then throw in a large bowl with cubed white meat. Then I halve green grapes and chop walnuts. Throw in bowl. Add mayo. Start with half a cup and add a you want more. Salt and pepper and stir like crazy. So good
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Chubbs said:

I separate the dark meat and white meat. Put dark meat in food processor then throw in a large bowl with cubed white meat. Then I halve green grapes and chop walnuts. Throw in bowl. Add mayo. Start with half a cup and add a you want more. Salt and pepper and stir like crazy. So good

Mines pretty much same but I sprinkle a little powdered ranch dressing mix with the mayo and some chopped green onion tops. Always great.

Little Rock, AR

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I made a healthy one a while back with Greek yogurt, Granny Smith apples, pecans, and curry powder and some other spice to taste.
    You can other things I guess if you like but I was going simple for kids.
    It turned out awesome and no mayonnaise.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    My grandmother and mom used to make my favorite chicken salad that was just chicken, miracle whip, homemade sweet pickles, salt and pepper. However when grandma passed the recipe for the sweet pickles was lost as well as the ground that the cucumbers came from.  Haven't had anything as good since. The pickles really made the recipe.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Chicken, chopped celery, chopped red onion, mayo, dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice. Works with tuna as well - even canned ain't bad, but fresh is much better.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut