Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest signup 1 week from today

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
Next Tuesday, Aug 6 will be the start of signups for Eggtoberfest...eggcited to be going again this year. Remember it is Oct. 11 & 12 at Stone Mountain...more details next week..woo hoo...

Comments

• BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB Posts: 47
    Looks pretty nice...may have to bring the family down and go camping.  I've never been to Stone Mountain. 
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600

I am a newbie, where is this held, and what are the contacts!

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • vidalia1
    Camping is very nice there. Since it is a 3 day weekend for a lot of folks you should make a long weekend out of it....
  • vidalia1
    As the message says this year it will be held at Stone Mountain Park right outside of Atlanta, GA..it is Oct 11 & 12...registration will show up on this forum and the main BGE website sometime Tuesday, Aug. 6...
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Looking forward to it! I plan on being there Saturday.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Can't wait!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Looking forward to having it at Stone Mountain. Golf on Friday with a few beers, Meet and greet with friends and Crown Friday night, Bloody Mary's and cooking on Saturday. Can't wait!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • vidalia1

Chris & Kristi,

Look forward to seeing y'all all there...JR I think you have an Eggcellent plan...

:\">
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Also looking forward to being there on Saturday!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • vidalia1

gpsegg,

Let's GO CANES!!!!! sorry I just had to do it...

:))
  • EGGATL
    EGGATL Posts: 23

I am interested in picking up a demo package at eggtoberfest. Has anyone here purchased their BGE this way. Do they also have tables available as part of the package or is it usually just the egg, nest and accessories.  Please share your experience. Good deal or bad deal?

Thanks,

Jon

Atlanta, Georgia area
  • vidalia1
    Lots of people buy their BGE's that way...next week when the sign ups begin there will be details of what is for sale. And yes buying your BGE at a fest is usually a very good deal saving you a hundred to several hundred $$ usually...
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    I plan on going Saturday ! Can't wait!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    I'm going to try to cook this year, can't wait!
    Pentwater, MI
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279

Have had our LBGE for about 2 months now, and would like to just go and experience it, along with getting mucho tips.Are tickets at the gate, or do I get them online on the 6th?

We live in the mountains about 100 mi. north of ATL, so should be a short ride.

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • JRWhitee
    warwoman said:

Have had our LBGE for about 2 months now, and would like to just go and experience it, along with getting mucho tips.Are tickets at the gate, or do I get them online on the 6th?

We live in the mountains about 100 mi. north of ATL, so should be a short ride.

You have to get them online, it has sold out fast in the past so get them on the 6th if you can.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • warwoman
    Thanks! Do they open up at midnight, or a specific time?
  • JRWhitee
    Not sure about that, but I think it took about a week to sell out last year. You should be ok during the day on the 6th that is when I have signed up.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • vidalia1
    The tickets will probably begin selling midday on the 6th and you should have about a week or so to get them...not sure how many tasters tickets they will sell this year..cooks tickets will probably be gone in a few days...
  • warwoman
    Will the online sign up be thru this site?
  • vidalia1
    It will probably either be through the main Big Green Egg home page or through Eventbrite...
  • I'm trying to buy tickets now (9:30 am Eastern Standard Time), and they're not yet "up".  Very frustrating!  If you say you're going to start selling on August 6th, in my mind you should be "open for business" early in the morning! 
  • vidalia1
    Noon...patience grasshopper... B-)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I am officially registered!
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350

FYI -

To avoid last minute cancellations resulting in unused EGGs, and to give our Chefs the ability to use all of the EGGs available at EGGtoberfest a $50 deposit is required to reserve an EGG for cooking. The deposit is per EGG, not per person. Your deposit will be refunded IN FULL and IN CASH at the event on Saturday. If you cancel your reservation before September 30, your deposit will be refunded.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Hic

Oh and Prices are as follow;

$40 for Saturday and $25 for Friday.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• vidalia1
    Registered to cook & the Meet n Greet...woo hoo
  • JRWhitee
    Registered to cook and the meet and greet as well. Look forward to seeing you all.

It was probably a good idea on the deposit as there were a lot of unused eggs last year. Actually we used an extra one so it wouldn't go to waste it did make for an easier day as we had a lot of food to cook. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • vidalia1
    I agree JR...and you get your deposit back so nothing to lose...I hope to see y'all there.
  • Hic
    I like deposit too. There have been a lot of unused eggs the last couple of years.

Atlanta NOTP suburbia.