Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone see Franklin BBQ commercial

Options
Just wondering if anyone has seen the Chase credit card commercial that features Franklin BBQ. Kinda neat.
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Options
    I did ... at first thought he was franchising out ... then realized it was a credit card ad
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I just did. It's the one for Chase Sapphire Preferred where he takes the Japanese dude and shows him the pit, right?
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Yes, he shows some type of Asian fellow the pit. 
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes- "that Japanese dude" and "Asian Fellow" happens to be Nobu Matsuhisa. He widely thought of as one the best most innovative restauranteurs in the world. :))). He's also one of the most famous chefs in the world and has michelin starred restaurants in dozens of countries. It was way cooler for Aaron to have Nobu in his commercial than it was the other way around. In chef circles, Nobu is a god.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Options
    Nobu has a Michelin star for 3 separate locations.  I'm assuming that means he doesn't suck.

Great commercial.  Very targeted to a difficult to define demographic.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Yes- "that Japanese dude" and "Asian Fellow" happens to be Nobu Matsuhisa. He widely thought of as one the best most innovative restauranteurs in the world. :))). He's also one of the most famous chefs in the world and has michelin starred restaurants in dozens of countries. It was way cooler for Aaron to have Nobu in his commercial than it was the other way around. In chef circles, Nobu is a god.

God that sounded snotty. Was totally writing that tongue in cheek kind of cracking up that everyone sees it as a Franklin commercial when I saw it as a nod to Aaron from Nobu. Pretty cool for Aaron. Anyhow, was just busting on you guys a little and didn't mean for it to come off so snarky.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ayayron Franklin is getting a lot of attention.  I was just reading the June Texas Monthly mag (somehow ended in the mag rack next to the john) and he's prominently featured in the "50 best BBQ Joints..." article.  I'd say it's mutual benefit.  Advertising/marketing firms try to catch buzz with subtle cameos and looks like they succeeded again. ;)
    Options

I saw the commercial come on - thought wow - there is Aaron Franklin.

Had never seen a photo of Nobu - but have eaten in two of his restaurants.   For some reason I though that Franklin's did not take credit cards.

Great commercial - loved it.  Is Q becoming mainstream in the rest of the country ( outside of Texas)?  Or was that a Texas Market only commercial?

Cookin in Texas
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options

boatbum said:
    ***snip***

Great commercial - loved it.  Is Q becoming mainstream in the rest of the country ( outside of Texas)?  Or was that a Texas Market only commercial?

I seen it last night on New Orleans and Baton Rouge market channels.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    It aired in Iowa also.  We have pork, beef and Big Green Eggs here, no limits to the BBQ that can be done.  ;^)
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I saw it in Tampa as well.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Nice job Nola - snagging the commercial...
    Cookin in Texas
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Options
    It aired in DC too.