Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ Pitmasters - Equipment

Last night on BBQ Pitmasters, I saw most (maybe all) of the contestants using a type of open-mesh wire tray to move their food on/off their pits.  Can you tell me a site(s) where I can buy them?

Thanks and Keep On Eggin'!

·

Comments

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,680
    Restaurant Depot has them.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Thank you for the reply!
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 552
    I didn't see the episode, but if it's what i'm thinking the call them frogmats.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,591
    I think I have seen them using cooling racks like these.  I have also found disposable "grill toppers" at Walmart and Publix. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    I watched the show but didn't pay any attention to that part I guess. 

I know that when I do soft foods like fatties or turtle eggs, is use this pizza screen that I got for under $5 at Gordon Food Services.  It keeps the soft sausage from sinking onto and molding around the grill grates.

·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    Frog mats work great to keep food from sticking, but I think the racks were simple cookie cooling racks.
    ·